Thursday, January 24, 2013

Forks Over Knives






Forks Over Knives

We often don’t realize how important our diet is. As a runner, my diet has been pretty good. But you look around the world, especially the U.S and realize we do not look as we should. The Obesity rate the U.S is 35%, that one third of our population. It sad to me, to look around and see this illness growing so steadily.

Forks Over Knives is a documentary about the importance of Nutrition in our daily lives. Mainly the film features people with heart disease and other severe sicknesses. Two doctors explore the plant-based diet to see how effective it really is. Their unhealthy patients under go a strict plant based diet, which indeed will save their lives.

What struck me about this film is how much happier the patients under going the diet became. The started to loose more and more weight, gaining ten times more energy and happiness. Their heart troubles faded away, and they were healed. One lady, a marathon runner, diagnosed with cancer, desperately took on this plant-based diet and miraculously fought through the cancer. This film inspired me so much I began to re-think my diet. I found myself lowering the amount of animal products I consume, and focus on eating mostly plants and vegetables. This film was awesome, and I encourage you to watch it, Forks Over Knives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment